The National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) is a drag racing governing body, which sets rules in drag racing and hosts events all over the United States and Canada. With over 40,000 drivers in its rosters, the NHRA claims to be the largest motorsports sanctioning body in the world.
Position Summary: Responsible for developing and strengthening NHRA Member Track and sportsman racing programs. Position will work with various departments within NHRA, including the NHRA Division offices, on initiatives and special projects. Provide overall support to the NHRA Field Marketing Department.
1. Identify opportunities and implement programs to strengthen NHRA’s relationship with the NHRA Member Track Network.
2. Develop and administer promotional programs for the Lucas Oil sportsman series.
3. Develop and administer programs to help grow the NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League.
4. Serve as a liaison with all NHRA departments providing support to Field Marketing including Division offices, marketing, field operations, communications, competition, publications, membership, and social media.
5. Research/analyze NHRA current situation as it relates to member tracks and grassroots racing.
6. Develop various marketing/media materials.
7. Assist with day to day function of the Field Marketing department.
8. Produce media/press releases.