NAPA has been around a long time, has over 17,000 employees, but makes you feel like you are part of a close family. Our culture is one that works hard and gets it done, moves fast and with purpose, and cares about one another. You may be surprised that a NAPA AUTO PARTS Career is just what you are looking for.
• Develops standards across organization on key initiatives including inventory stock set up, class and core processing, cycle counts, and inventory accuracy.
• Determines benchmarks for each location, develops plans for incremental improvement, and measures progress for reporting and potential corrective action.
• Implements lean practices to distribution centers by communicating initiatives including instructions and guidance for productivity improvement processes.
• Creates project checklist, sets expectations, ensures adherence of project guidelines and deadlines, answers questions, solves or escalates system issues, reports on progress, and measures impact of lean processes.
• Provides training to field level managers on all processes and systems within the distribution center including new application and systems.
• Develops and distributes training materials to field operations.
• Troubleshoots with distribution centers on questions and finds solutions for problems.
• Assists with improving distribution center layouts and implementing design changes for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Researches current inventory pick methods and makes improvement recommendations to engineering team.
• Reports key performance indicators on productivity and outstanding issues of process improvement initiatives to senior management.
• One year of work experience in logistics or distribution and warehouse process design and improvement preferred.
• Experience with managing projects including prioritization of tasks and meeting deadline a plus.
• Training or experience with technical writing a plus.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
• Four year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of TQM (Six Sigma, Lean) preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite. Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, such as database management, vlookups, and pivot tables.
• Excellent follow-up and communications skills, both verbal and written, are required.
• Must have good presentation skills and be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
• Proactively recognize potential problem areas and troubleshoot effectively.
• Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to work in a warehouse environment. Travels 75% of the time for a week at a time. Travel may increase with new company initiatives